Search This Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Jazzing up your heels!

One day, while I was perusing pinterest, I came across Heel Condoms.

Of course, my girly side emerged and I got so excited, but I am on a budget and cannot justify the expense at the moment. One day I will invest in a pair, because they are just so darn cute, but in the meantime I have a cheap option to get a similar effect. This would be a great way to jazz up your pole shoes, or even your everyday heels.

For about $3, you can buy a roll of ribbon from JoAnn's, or any other fabric/ crafts store. Cut a long length, and wrap around your shoe. There are many variations on how you can wrap. You can also do this with hem tape. I found a cute black lace hem tape and nabbed a pack for about $2. If you have shoes with a broken strap, or no strap, this can work as a cheap alternative to clear straps. Below are a few examples of what I came up with (pardon my dog, he wouldn't go away):.


A semi Greek goddess look


Around the heel, tie in front


Minus the heel wrap


strapless heels



Around the heel variation

Around the heel variation


Just play with it! Let me know if you come up with any neat variations!

No comments:

Post a Comment