Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2013

June Pole Blog Hop: Wish I knew...

Things I wish I knew before I started pole dancing.

This is such a huge topic for me. It seems that a huge portion of this blog is dedicated to informing others on things I wish I had known when I started poling.

The first thing I wish I had known is, that the 50mm pole I learned on was not for me. I struggled on that thing for 2 years before I realized I didn't HAVE to use a 50mm. I knew there were other diameters, but for some reason I went with what I knew. I will avoid 50s at all
costs now! LOL

#2: I'm not the only one with sweaty hands! I remember having sweaty hand issues in high school, when I was paranoid my flag would fly out of my hands in a performance. None of the others girl seemed to have this problem and I didn't get it. I now know I'm not alone, and that there are products made specifically for that problem.

#3: Not everyone will react to a pole in the same way. I had to try every finish out there before finally settling on one that worked for me. What worked for others, didn't work for me.

#4: Use grip aids if necessary. I didn't even know about grip aids when I first started. It wasn't until I found StudioVeena that I found out what grip aids were and what they could do.

#5: Pole shoes are addicting...

#6: so are pole clothes...

My goal with this blog is to save you as much frustration as I possibly can, in your pole journey.

Want more June blog hop posts? Here you go!


2 comments:

  1. I still wish I had caught the pole shoe bug so I could go all sparkley like your image, but then I guess I would have less to spend on my stiletto addiction :D Oh well, my flexy addiction is at least a bit useful.

    ReplyDelete