Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

My experience: Reflections Heels

*Disclaimer: This is my experience and may not be the experience of others!

In the spirit of reviewing dancewear, I feel I should pass on my experiences, both good and unpleasant. Keep in mind, this is just my experience and there is no guarantee the same experience would occur for others who purchase from this manufacturer.

There are several heel companies out there that I hear very little about and want to try their product, so on March 25th, I ordered a pair of  6 3/4" sparkle heels in light pink, from Reflection Shoes. What I received was the same pair of heels, in purple, on May 20th. The 3rd party vendor was extremely helpful in this order delay. I expected a 1-4 week time frame for the shoes to ship, per the 3rd party vendors website. When 4 weeks came and went I inquired about my order. They let me know that the heels would be on their next shipment. It took another several weeks for the heels to arrive at my home.


The issue of incorrect color didn't bother me so much. The color is still pretty. Instead of going through the hassle of having to exchange them and wait another undetermined amount of time for the pink ones, I just let the 3rd party retailer know the situation, for their reference. The 3rd party retailer handled it very well. They told the manufacturer the issue. The manufacturers response was that they do not make that heel in purple, despite there currently being a photo of it on their website, in purple and light pink. They did confirm that I ordered the heels in pink. Okay, fine, I'll go with it. These are now "pink." That is not the only issue I ran into.

Upon inspection of the heels, I see that there are two spots that are completely missing glitter. One stripe on the back of the heel, on the underside, and another patch where the heel meets the arch, on the underside. I do realize this is a difficult place to glitter, as I have glittered my own heels. It wasn't that big of deal to me, since they are on the underside where you can't really see it, but it may bother some people, especially if paying quite a bit of money for said heels. Another issue I have, with the heels, is that they do not appear to be sealed. The glitter comes off when you touch the heel, so I do not foresee the glitter looking nice for very long. I might seal them on my own, with mod podge, just to make them last a bit longer. They are not very comfortable, though. In the arch, there is a weird angle that pokes my foot. The backbone of the shoe seems to have a sharp angle where the curve of the arch transitions, and the padding does not cover it well enough, so it jabs the arch of my feet.

I truly wanted to love these heels. I've been excited for them for the last 2 months. As it stands, they are pretty, they fit me well (unlike some other heels I have), and I'm sure they will have a longer glitter life if I seal them.

Below are some photos of the heels I received.

The underside of the heel, where it is missing glitter.


Notice below that the arch just abruptly drops at a sharp angle. I can feel the corner when I wear the heels.


The smoother arch of my Pleasers, of the same heel height & size.


The arches side by side


Glitter that came off of the heels






No comments:

Post a Comment